One foodie's guide for others to learn the must-tries VS. the don't-even-bothers of the vast culinary jungle.

Monday, April 14, 2008

Spitzer's Corner

Lower East Side
101 Rivington St. btwn Essex & Ludlow St.
212-228-0027


Now, when embarking in my restaurant selection process, I often have to take into consideration restaurants that will keep my boyfriend happy. Far from a foodie, finding something on the menu he'll actually eat is a challenge. A rare beer offering is usually what impresses him most. That's what brought us to Spitzer's.

While the beer options are comprehensive and cool, my scallop ravioli had no semblance of scallops. Both the texture and the content were off. The dish could have perhaps earned some points with a tasty sauce. Is any sort of flavor too much to ask?


Yum! Chocolate chip cookies. Pretty hard to mess those up. Disappointingly, once their warmth faded, so did their appeal. You know if I didn't finish a cookie sitting right in front of me (esp. given I was still hungry from my lacking scallop ravioli), it must have been a pretty sorry cookie.


Spitzer's Corner is a decently legit place to swing by for drinks (primarily draft beer only), but eating there is a different story. In fact, with all the other great places in the neighborhood, missing a visit altogether wouldn't be a tragedy.

Go or No Go? No Go

No comments:

Blog Archive