One foodie's guide for others to learn the must-tries VS. the don't-even-bothers of the vast culinary jungle.

Friday, April 4, 2008

Kingswood

West Village
121 W. 10th St. btwn Greenwich and 6th Ave.
(212) 645-0018

My cultural attache, Jared, informed me of a new hot spot in the West Village. When I walked in, I immediately sensed the cool New York City vibe, but this place was not new. In fact, the scene was overwhelmingly familiar. Apparently, Kingswood (though, not Kingswood at the time) was the place of Miranda's wedding reception in Sex and the City. You more likely remember the part when Samantha reveals to her gal pals she has breast cancer.

Other than the noticably uncomfortable seating, the place was something worth raving about. Pathetically, for a shorty, like myself, the height of the table almost surpassed my chin. Fortunately, they left just enough room for my lips to reach my fab Kingswood Collins (Tom Collins). Featuring a different fruit every night, this particular evening was blackberry flavored. Who knew gin could be so good?

The food was solidly above average. My salad with pleasingly moist chicken and soft boiled egg was better than the wild mushroom risotto that followed. The risotto was too runny for my style, but to make up for the consistency mishap, the ricotta was super fresh. Perhaps the cuisine is nothing to write home about (or extensively elaborate on the blog, either), but Kingswood is surely a place I can see myself making repeat visits.




I'd be happy spending any Thursday night at Kingswood.

Go or No Go? Go

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The eggs you describe as soft-boiled don't seem to have the runny quality of soft-boiled eggs (like a good eggs benedict). I also think the salad you got looks pretty tasteless. I guess that blackberry collins must have been pretty good for Kingswood to wind up with a "go"!

Blog Archive