One foodie's guide for others to learn the must-tries VS. the don't-even-bothers of the vast culinary jungle.

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Bouchon Bakery

Man, I love where I live! Drugs have never been my thing, but Bouchon Bakery is about as close as it gets (and probably worse for me). Regularly, on a day off, I will wake up leisurely and join one of my housemates on a lovely stroll to the bakery. I feel very European, and I like it.

Before I lived with them, both my housemates were already well on their way to Bouchon Bakery addiction. Almost every morning, Duncan will go for his ritual coffee cake while Erik opts the blueberry muffin route. Both orders are accompanied by double espressos. Must be nice to have such lenient metabolisms.

I entered the scene as quite the amateur, but I am quickly establishing my roots as a regular. For example, this morning, on my coffee run, I was greeted by four fellow enthusiasts.

I have never had anything there I would not recommend, but the most to-die-for thing I have tried so far is the seasonal fruit croissant. Fuggtaboutit! Any morning that starts with one of those bad boys is bound to be a good day. Personally, any sweet treat with almond flavoring has my seal of approval. Add fresh fruit, particularly when they used the Barlett pears, and you have a home run!

Warning: their pastries are extremely rich. I actually don't enjoy eating that stuff on my own. I suggest splitting most items with another person, if not two. Keep in mind, if you are ever looking for a partner, you know who to call. ;-)

Go or No Go? Go

2 comments:

Adam said...

That croissant sounds amazing. Wish it was in NYC.

Where can I find the equivalent?

Casey said...

Duh - problem solved! Need to come visit.

Blog Archive